(i) Small Savings :
The corporate objects –
- To maximize mobilization of Small Savings motivation to people through Practice of thrift.
- To help the people to get benefits of their savings in time to real need
- To reduce budgetary gap-through long-term loans released by the Government of India against net collection of Small Savings Schemes.
In order to encourage the mobilization of the small savings scheme State Government framed “Tripura small Savings Lucky Draw (Gift Coupons) Rules, 1990”. There are 180 (one hundred eighty) prizes have been given to the winners of prizes amongst the eligible investors of Kisan Vikas Patra, Post Office Monthly Income Scheme, 5-Year Post office Time deposit account and 5 – year Post Office Recurring Deposit account. The Gift Coupons are being issued against investment of Rs.2,000/- each and multiply of total investment during investment year.
Besides, awarding of prizes / incentives are also given under Tripura Small savings Incentive schemes for Government Officials, Gram Panchayats, Nagar Panchayats, Agartala Municipal Council, Schools and Small Savings Agents.
(ii) Group Insurance:The corporate objective of the Scheme is to provide twin benefits of Insurance and Savings to its members: on death or cessation of service due to resignation, retirement etc. The above objectives are to be achieved at a low cost and on a wholly contributory and self-financing basis. Contribution of the employees was categorized in the following rates since March, 1984.
|A||@ Rs. 40/-||@ Rs.90/-||@ Rs.375/-|
|B||@ Rs. 30/-||@ Rs. 60/-||@ Rs.225/-|
|C||@ Rs.20/-||@ Rs.30/-||@ Rs. 150/-|
(iii) Institutional Finance :
Corporate objectives of the Institutional Finance are as under:
- To ensure successful implementation of various Central / State Government sponsored schemes through Nationalized / Tripura Gramin Bank (R.R.B.) / Co-operative Banks. To maintain liaison with the RBI / NABARD in this regard.
- To look into setting up of Bank branches in consultation with RBI/ respective Banks as and when necessary.
- To restructure / revamp of Tripura Gramin Bank.
- To pursue with Banks to maintain Credit Deposit Ratio (CDR) at National level.
- Co-ordinate setting up of currency chests of different Banks in the State and to open new Currency Chests by Banks.
- To take up various important issues with Government of India / RBI at the National Level / Regional Level Meetings.
- To raise different issues / matters in State Level Bankers Committee / State Level Co-ordination Committee meeting and implementation of Government sponsor schemes in the interest of the beneficiaries.
- To co-ordinate and help recovery of Banks loans.
- To ensure flow of small currency notes and coins in the State.
- To check the fraudulent activities and Control / supervision of Non-Banking Financial Companies (NBFC) / Un-incorporated Bodies (UIBs), Chit Fund, in collaboration of Reserve Bank of India, IRDA (Insurance Regulatory Development Authority), SEBI (Security Exchange Board of India), ROC (Registrar of Companies).
Acts & Rules : -
- Moreover, This Directorate has framed following rules followed by Central Act and follows the Act / Rules Govt. of India to monitor and check the fraudulent activities of financial institutions in the State.
- The Bombay Money Lenders Act. 1946.
- The Tripura Money Lenders Rules, 1959
- The Prize Chit & Money Circulation Banning Act, 1978
- The Prize Chits and Money Circulation Scheme (Banning) Act., 1978
- The Prize Chits and Money Circulation Scheme (Banning) (Tripura) Rules, 1979.
- Tripura Government Employees Group Insurance Scheme 1983.
- The Tripura Small Savings Lucky Draw (Gift Coupon) Rules, 1990
- The Chit Find Rules, 1995.
- To protect the interest of depositors in financial establishments, this Directorate has framed ‘The Tripura Protection of Interests of Depositors (In Financial Establishment) Act, 2000.
- To improve the recovery position of the State, This Directorate framed `The Tripura Public Demand Recovery Act, 2000` and Rules thereon The `Tripura Public Demand Recovery Rules, 2007`.
- The Tripura Protection of Interests of Depositors (In Financial Establishments) Rules, 2007
- The Tripura Protection of Interests of Depositors (In Financial Establishments) (Amendment) Act, 2011.